Accounts Payable $35 to $40K
Our Purpose: We improve people’s quality of life through infrastructure development.
Assist the Controller with the management of the association’s accounts payable, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives, processes vendor invoices, and enters them in QuickBooks for timely payment in accordance with the Accounting Department’s guidelines
- Receives, processes, and enters all expense reports in QuickBooks for timely payment
- Checks invoices against purchase orders, ensures the receipt of the product(s) or service(s) and obtain appropriate signatures in accordance with the established Purchasing Procedure before entering invoices in the QuickBooks
- Prepares supporting schedules for monthly financial statements
- Maintains the Accounting Department’s accounts payable filing system
- Prepares general ledger account analysis, reconciles credit card accounts on a monthly basis
- Keeps track of 1099 items, prepares and mails forms 1099’s after the end of each calendar year
- Prepares quarterly reports for region chairs and vice chairs informing them of their annual budget, their expenditure to the end of the applicable calendar quarter: and the remaining balance
- Prepares adjusting and regular monthly journal entries
- Makes arithmetical calculation with speed and accuracy; understands and carries out oral and written instructions; works cooperatively with others
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Written and Oral Communication – Writes and speaks clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Listens and gets clarifications. Responds well to questions and participates in meetings.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors Degree from a four year College or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Individual with one to three years of experience is preferred.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from vendors or customers.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong working knowledge/experience with QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. You will be tested for your competency
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.