- President Donald Trump abruptly revoked the security clearance of ex-CIA Director John Brennan on Wednesday, an unprecedented act of retribution against a vocally critical former top U.S. official.
read more ...4 hours ago
- Imprisoned leftist leader Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva's unlikely bid for Brazil's presidency took a big step forward Wednesday with the formal registration of his candidacy in the capital Brasilia.
read more ...5 hours ago
- Paul Manafort lied to keep himself flush with cash and later to maintain his luxurious lifestyle when his income dropped off, prosecutors told jurors Wednesday in closing arguments at the former Trump campaign chairman's fraud trial.
read more ...7 hours ago
- Italy's government blamed the firm that operated the collapsed Genoa bridge for the disaster that has claimed at least 39 lives, as rescuers dug through mountains of crushed concrete for survivors.
read more ...10 hours ago
- A suicide bombing in front of an educational centre in a mainly Shiite area in the Afghan capital, Kabul, on Wednesday killed at least 48 people and wounded 67, according to Afghan officials.
read more ...13 hours ago
- A British man accused of a terror attack after driving into a barrier protecting the UK's Houses of Parliament faces an investigation for attempted murder, police said Wednesday.
read more ...14 hours ago
- Saudi Arabia's quota system determines how many pilgrims per country will go to Mecca. With Saudi’s involvement in regional spats, surrounding Muslim countries worry about what they see as an increasing politicisation of the religious ritual.
read more ...17 hours ago
- Three French nationals were killed in the bridge collapse in the Italian city of Genoa, the French foreign ministry said Wednesday, as the death toll rose to 38 and Italy blamed the company in charge of the country's motorways for the disaster.
read more ...18 hours ago
- Forty children were among 51 people killed in a Saudi-led coalition air strike on a bus in rebel-held northern Yemen, the Red Cross said Tuesday, after thousands protested at a mass funeral.
read more ...22 hours ago
- More than 300 "predator" priests in Pennsylvania are accused of abusing over 1,000 children across seven decades, a grand jury said Tuesday in a devastating report that decried a systematic cover-up by the Catholic Church.
read more ...1 day ago