- ‘Just ridiculous’: Rwanda’s Paul Kagame dismisses EU human rights reportTwenty-five years on from the genocide in Rwanda that saw as many as one million people slaughtered, FRANCE 24 interviews President Paul Kagame, alongside EU Development Commissioner Neven Mimica, at the European Development Days event in Brussels.
read more ...2 hours ago
- Ekrem Imamoglu: Mayoral vote has ‘renewed our faith in democracy and justice’Ekrem Imamoglu said his victory in a Sunday re-run of Istanbul's mayoral election had "renewed our faith in democracy and our trust in justice" after voters roundly rejected the ruling AKP party candidate backed by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
read more ...6 hours ago
- Czechs demand PM step down in largest protest since communist eraAn estimated quarter of a million Czechs rallied in Prague on Sunday to demand the resignation of Prime Minister Andrej Babis, in the biggest show of public discontent since the 1989 Velvet Revolution which overthrew Communism.
read more ...8 hours ago
- USA’s Pompeo seeks global coalition against Iran during consultations in the Middle EastUS Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Sunday he wants to build a global coalition against Iran during urgent consultations in the Middle East.
read more ...10 hours ago
- Opposition cries foul after Mauritania’s ruling party candidate wins electionMauritania's ruling party candidate Mohamed Ould Ghazouani has won the presidential election with 52 percent of the vote, the electoral commission announced Sunday, with opposition candidates crying foul.
read more ...12 hours ago
- France through to quarter-finals of Women’s Football World Cup after beating BrazilFrance captain Amandine Henry came to the rescue as the hosts scraped into the women's World Cup quarter-finals with a 2-1 win against Brazil after extra time, setting up a likely clash with holders the United States on Sunday.
read more ...15 hours ago
- Jared Kushner’s $50bn economic plan for Middle East criticised as a ‘non-starter’Arab politicians and commentators greeted U.S. President Donald Trump's Middle East $50 billion economic vision with a mixture of derision and exasperation, although some in the Gulf called for it to be given a chance.
read more ...22 hours ago
- UN food agency elects first Chinese director generalQu Dongyu, China's deputy agricultural minister, was elected Sunday as the new director general of the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization, the first person from a Communist country to hold the influential FAO post.
read more ...23 hours ago
- Benin’s ex-president Boni Yayi leaves countryFormer Benin president Thomas Boni Yayi left the country on Saturday for health reasons, a spokesman for his party said, after two months of political crisis following controversial elections in April.
read more ...1 day ago
- US launched cyber attack on Iranian computer systemsOfficials say U.S. military cyber forces earlier this week launched a retaliatory cyber strike against Iranian computer systems amid escalating tensions between the two countries.
read more ...1 day ago